Sounds of November


background picture via weheartit

If there is a perfect month to listen to darker and melanchonic music then it is definitely November. The rainy, windy weather and the darkness outside gives ideal conditions for such kind of sounds. As much as I love summer including it's beachy and happy songs that come with it I like to get the chance to discover new music in the fall and winter. Here are my current favorites.



Banks is an L.A. based singer and and songwriter. "Before I ever met you" is her therapeutic approach to cure her vulnerability after a failed relationship. The darker industrial electronic sounds are paired with her soft voice which gives the song the perfect mood.



Darkside is the newest partnership between Nicolas Jaar and guitarist Dave Harrington. The name obviously indicates the type of sound already. The unusual fusion of Harrington's electric guitar and Jaar's deep electronic music is just amazing and definitely worth a try.


 Dillon is my rediscovery of the month. I was listening to her a lot in summer 2012 when her album first came out. The intimate, bittersweet and slightly uneasy mood most of her songs, which she achieves mixing understated funk beats, 80's electronic sounds with piano notes, is a well-fitting addition to my current playlist.

I will have a yummy breakfast now - of course with the right background music :). Have a great and relaxed weekend guys!!

♥Juli♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Social



Follow me on Instagram

My Fashion finds

About


Me, an open minded explorer from Berlin, ready to conquer the world, talking about all the things I enjoy in life "fashion, music, art, good food and the company of my friends".

For questions regarding advertising or any other requests, you're very welcome to contact me at monthofjuli@gmail.com.